Nowadays the costs of private dentistry has become extremely expensive therefore more and more people in the UK are looking for dental treatment abroad. These clients are willing to travel for a high quality treatment at lower cost than at home and they even combine it with a relaxing holiday. Modern, professional treatment is available all over the world at different prices.
It is very important to compare treaments abroad before making a decision. Popular countries offering dental treatment at significantly low cost and at a quality that meets the expectations of UK clients are Slovakia, Hungary, Greece, Poland, Romania. Making the right choice of dental clinic abroad is not an easy one and involves asking a lot of questions.
To help you finding the best dental treatment abroad we have put together a checklist of questions to ask.
- Please provide a detailed profile of the dentist(s) who will participate in my treatment (his or her background, experience, qualifications, training).
- Does the dentist specialise in specific areas of dentistry?
- What is the level of fluency in English (or in my language) of the dentist, the dental assistance and support staff at the clinic?
- Can they offer any video online in that I can see the dentist while working?
- May I consult the dentist in advance?
Checking the dental clinic itself
- Does it hold any national or international accreditations to operate as a dental clinic?
- Is it possible to receive a report on the dental treatment in my language?
- How many dental treatments of this specific type does the clinic carry out each year?
- Can the clinic provide any information regarding the clinic’s success rates and complication rates such as post-treatment infection?
- May I speak any past patients of my country to find out their experience of your clinic?
- How long will it take?
- Will I need to visit the clinic several times during my stay?
- Will I need to return to the clinic at a later date for post-treatment care?
- Are pre-treatment X-rays and investigations included in the price?
- How long it is recommended to stay abroad before flying home?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my dental treatment and how likely are these?
- What is the total cost of the treatment including all checks, examinations, anaesthetics, drugs, dentist’s fees, X-rays, dental laboratory costs, aftercare, insurance?
- What is not included in the price?
- What do I have to pay in advance? Which payment methods do you accept?
- What happens if I need further treatment after I have returned home? Who pays for this?
- If a complications occurs during my treatment, which needs further assistance, is this covered in the price?
- Does the clinic offer a complete package including all services required: airport transfers, hotel stay and the treatment?