The All-on-4 treatment concept is a procedure for replacing missing teeth or badly broken teeth. It is best for patients lacking teeth or have decayed teeth or bone loss in the jaw area due to some gum disease which does not allow them to get vertical dental implants. The All-on-4 or simply All on 4 or All on Four concept was developed and analyzed in 1990s by Nobel Biocare and a Portuguese dentist Paulo Maló.
The procedure is composed of the rehabilitation of the toothless jawbone with fixed prosthesis by placing four implants in the anterior maxilla where bone density is higher. These four implants are the base of the fixed prosthesis with 12-14 teeth and it is fixed immediately on the day of surgery. All-on-4 treatment is a registered trademark of Nobel Biocare and the specific implants or pillars used by Maló are under the protection of international patenting.
The technique for total rehabilitation of toothless patients called All-on-4 implants provides a permanent, screw-retained, same-day replacement for the entire upper and/or lower set of teeth with a bridge or a denture. The procedure is also effective for clients with serious loss of jaw bone which poses the problem of reconstruction of the jaw bone requiring bone grafting. The All-on-4 protocol avoids the long and costly bone rebuilding when conventionally oriented implants are used. A careful analysis of the bone structure is needed for a successful implementation in every case. The most accurate evaluation can be made by CBCT scan.
Full mouth dental implants with All on 4 system
During the All-on-4 process the dentist places at least 4 implants in the jaw. The back implants should be angled approximately 30 to 45 degrees from the bitting bite. The implant is placed in front of the maxillary sinus in the upper jaw and in front of the mental nerve in the lower jaw. The head of the implant should come up to the surface in the second premolar position. This way a molar tooth can become a cantilevered posterior resulting in a denture or bridge with approximately 12 teeth. The All-on-4 treatment concept owes its name to the very nature of the method meanwhile a dental prosthesis with at least twelve teeth (bridge) fixed in the jaw, based on four titanium implants.
Implant supported dentures and bridges – the price tag
The price of the treatment may be different in each country or region and usually it is divided in two phases. In the United States the prices are the following:
- During the first phase your dentist removes any decayed teeth and places the four dental implants along with an immediate temporary bridge secured to the four implants. This phase costs between 10.000 to 15.000 USD (£7.000-10.000) per jaw, depending on the above factors.
- 3 to 5 months after the first phase when the healing and bonding of the implants to the bone has been totally completed, a final bridge is stuctured which is made of stronger and durable materials. The price of this phase may vary between 5.000 to 7.000 USD (£3.500-5.000) per jaw based on the materials used and the type of teeth (porcelain or acrylic).
The total price of both upper and lower jaw are considered could reach 57.000 USD. But we have to mention that if the treatment is completed by a single doctor, the fees are much lower compared to a team approach with 2 doctors and staff.
- USD prices can be much higher than in the UK
- Average full mouth dental implant cost in the UK can be between £22.000-25.000.
- Get the implant retained denture or bridge in Hungary and save! Full mouth dental reconstruction start from £9000 in Budapest!